Discovering Maryland: Baltimore and Annapolis

   Have you ever been to Maryland? Is it on your bucket list yet? Well, it was not on mine, but after visiting it for the first time in July, I was wondering why I underestimated it. I am sure there is no place like Maryland: the streets are so unique, that I don't remember taking that many pictures of all the buildings and cute little shops in my life. It was really hot outside, but I did not want to walk fast, I was trying to enjoy every building and not to miss anything. I love details, and Maryland is all about them.
   When we were planning our trip to D.C., we knew we needed more days off because Maryland was definitely on our "must visit" list. We rented a car, so we wouldn't have to rely on Uber. And it allowed us not to stay overnight because both Baltimore and Annapolis are about an hour drive from Washington D.C. 
   
   Baltimore will always be a very special place for us, because 6 years ago in the bar called "Nick's Oyster Bar", a guy started texting a girl from the other side of the world, not paying any attention to his friends. And our story began. In July 2017, he took me to the bar with best crab cakes in Maryland (according to locals) called "Nick's Oyster Bar" in Baltimore, and we found the first message he sent me from there back in 2011. 

Annapolis, on the other hand, has its own style of everything. It is quite small and full of visitors, but somehow you do not notice anyone and are able to enjoy it in full. There are so many cute stores there and each of them has something unique to offer. We would love to go back to Maryland one day to explore even more ;) 



Would you like to visit Maryland? 

XX,
Gena

Comments

Popular Posts